Sony a7R III Digital Camera Body
The third iteration of Sony’s powerful a7R mirrorless CSC offers improved speed and image quality. The a7R III features a 399-point AF system and is capable of AF tracking for continuous shooting up to 10fps - almost doubling the speed of the a7R II. It also inherits much of what made the previous models so popular such as 4k30p video, a 42MP Full-Frame sensor, and 5-axis image stabilisation.
Key Features: Sony a7R III Digital Camera Body
- Building on the foundations of Sony’s alpha series mirrorless CSCs: The a7R III inherits some of the impressive features found elsewhere in the alpha range of cameras. 4K video with full pixel readout, 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilisation, and a full-frame Exmore R BSI CMOS sensor make up the guts of the a7R III
- Improved autofocus performance: The a7R Mark III’s new autofocus system leaves the previous 25-area contrast AF, found in earlier models, behind. Similar to that in the a6500, this new system features a smart 295-area system, with 399-point AF, that is capable of continuous AF/AE tracking up to 10fps – twice as fast as in the A7R II
- Hybrid-Log Gamma: This new internal gamma curve maps a video to a broadcast tonal range, allowing for HDR playback. This is the first time Sony have put this feature in a stills camera
- Pixel-shift mode:Another first for Sony is the new pixel-shift mode. The camera will take 4 sequential shots in intervals of less than half a second – each shot being offset by a single pixel. You can then stitch the images together to create an image with fewer artifacts and a truer range of colours
- Z-series battery compatibility: The a7R Mark III is the first camera in the alpha 7 range to support the 7.2V 2280mAh Z series battery, offering 17Wh of power
- 4K video recording: Capture UHD footage up to 30fps in the XAVC S format. The a7R III is capable of recording footage at this desirable resolution with full pixel readout and no pixel binning. By capturing 5K of information, the camera oversamples to produce stunning, high-detail 4K footage
- Slow-motion frame rates: When shooting in Full HD the a7R III can capture footage up to 120fps for 5x slow motion at 100mbps
- Superb low-light capabilities: The 42.4MP back-illuminated sensor utilises technology that offers a wide dynamic range and high sensitivity in low-light situations. The camera also features a wide ISO range of 100-32,000 which is expandable to 50-102,400 for still images. Combined this allows the a7R III to capture a massive 15 stops of dynamic range
This camera body is in near mint condition with invisible no signs of use. There are no scuffs or scrapes to the paintwork of the body. The LCD screen is in very nice condition with no notable marks. The sensor is clean and free of scratches. The flash mount has nearly no signs of use. All rubber grips and covers are present and in fantastic condition.
Front Body Cap
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.