The Nikon D800E Digital SLR Camera is more than a DSLR, it's a broadcast quality video camera as well. Driving both still and video capture is the FX-format CMOS 36.3Mp sensor and the powerful EXPEED 3 image-processing engine.
Please note - The D800E is optimized for photographers that are looking to get the maximum sharpness out of their NEF raw files. Shooters that rely predominantly on capturing JPEGs may want to choose the D800 camera instead.
To achieve maximum sharpness in NEF files, the special low-pass filter in the D800E is not configured with anti-aliasing properties. While this may incur an increase in moire patterns in some images, this presents less of a post-production concern when working exclusively with NEF raw files.
Images captured in JPEG formats that are affected by moire could become more difficult to work with during the post-production process. Additionally - Nikon's Capture NX 2 photo editing software has an integral moire correction filter, and a new adaptation for that filter that's designed especially for the D800E, is due to be released soon.
The D800E's Advanced Scene Recognition System with a 91k-pixel RGB sensor brings out precise, accurate colors in every scene, for natural-looking results. Face detection and a detailed scene analysis support more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, and i-TTL flash exposure for any number of compositional and lighting situations. When combined with auto-area AF and subject tracking in 3D-tracking, your images are even more fine-tuned. In addition, the 3D color matrix metering III feature results in pleasing auto exposures, especially when human faces are in the scene.
The D800E utilizes Nikon's i-TTL system for the supreme in accuracy and balance. When combined with Nikon's Speedlights, high-quality stills result. Of course, the camera also has a built-in pop-up flash for those spur-of-the-moment snapshots and other casual pics. The D800E also utilizes Nikon's auto white balance which is equipped for a wide range of shooting situations. The Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor results in sharp images, even in low-light and the four AF-area modes give you the versatility you need to shoot everything from stills to street scenes to landscapes and more.
When it comes to HD movie capture, the D800E shoots broadcast quality video in two D-Movie formats at 1080/30p full HD. The D800E captures movies in FX and DX movie formats. The FX-based format renders shallow depth of field with beautiful bokeh, while the DX-format uses an image area similar to 35mm movie film, for a look cinematographers are accustomed to. Additional video features include live view operation, the ability to record high-fidelity stereo audio with an external mic, and the option to shoot time-lapse photography and save it as a movie file. Flicker reduction and custom settings enable even more freedom of expression in your movies.
When it comes to viewing your scenes you have a choice of the 100% coverage FX-format optical viewfinder or the 3.2" LCD monitor. The pentaprism viewfinder provides you with a clear and accurate view when shooting stills. And the generous 3.2" 921k-dot wide-viewing-angle LCD gives you features like an anti-reflective structure, brightness control, and the ability to magnify playback images up to 46x. Other notable features of the D800E include a fast response time of 0.12 seconds, high-speed CF and SD dual card slots, high-speed data transfer with a USB 3.0 connection, a high-capacity EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a precise and durable shutter, and a high-precision sequential control mechanism.
A DSLR though it may be, the D800E comes with a number of creative and intuitive features to keep your shooting both exciting and efficient. Features like direct access to the Picture Control feature and a four-button layout and release mode dial on the camera's top deck make your shooting life easier, while High Dynamic Range, Dual-axis electronic virtual horizon, and numerous in-camera editing functions ensure that you get the shot you want. The D800E comes with ViewNX 2 software for browsing, editing, and sharing of your files. Optional software from Nikon that can be used includes Capture NX 2 and Camera Control Pro 2.
- D800E The Ultimate Attention to Detail
- Nikon engineers have developed a unique alternative for those seeking the ultimate in definition. The D800E incorporates an optical filter with all the anti-aliasing properties removed in order to facilitate the sharpest images possible. This is an ideal tool for photographers who can control light, distance and their subjects to the degree where they can mitigate the occurrence of moiré. Aside from the optical filter, all functions and features are the same as on the D800
- Nikon FX-Format CMOS Sensor with 36.3 Effective Megapixels
- The D800E renders levels of texture, nuance and detail to your photography that, until now, have been the exclusive domain of the complicated medium-format system. Define every eyelash, every line in tree bark, and every shimmer of light. Savor the exceptional depth in your still images - with the astounding 36.3 effective megapixels, you can. Enlarge them as big as A1 poster-sized prints (23.4 x 33.1" /59.4 x 84.1cm) at 200 dpi, or crop aggressively to reach the composition you desire, all without sacrificing the detail and tonal range of the original. In order to maintain clean, high-resolution images, 14-bit A/D conversion within the sensor and a high signal-to-noise ratio deliver phenomenal images in a diverse array of situations. The image sensor's incredible potential does not stop with photography, either. For cinematographers ready to put their exceptionally sharp NIKKOR lenses into action, the D800E's 36.3 effective megapixel data is efficiently processed for exquisite 1080p broadcast quality video at 30p
- Standard ISO 100 to ISO 6400 Expandable to ISO 50 to 25,600 Equivalent
- High-resolution, studio-quality images shouldn't be restricted to the studio. The D800E sets a new benchmark for high resolution D-SLR cameras, with crisp clean images across a wide ISO range. Flexibility like this opens up new imaging opportunities for both still photographers and cinematographers alike during the "magic hour", the time just before dawn or at dusk when available light is often beautiful but scarce. Even at high ISO settings, the camera's intelligent noise reduction systems manage noise without sacrificing fine details, giving the D800E the edge. The difference can even be seen in low-contrast subjects such as hair and grass textures, which are often essential elements of cinema as well as high-resolution portraits and landscape images. High image quality at higher ISOs also means that you can shoot still images handheld more confidently, knowing that fast shutter speeds will reduce blur
- A Strategic Approach to Turn Light to Your Advantage
- Combining both high-resolution performance and a wide ISO sensitivity range has finally become a reality. Nikon engineers have developed intelligent new methods to manipulate light transmission to the sensor's photodiodes: from the optical low-pass filter and on-chip gapless micro lenses to the image sensor's internal design, every measure has been taken to maximize and improve light transmission in order to deliver crisp, brilliant images with significantly less noise. All this is possible under a wide variety of lighting conditions, enabling you to get the most out of your NIKKOR lenses
- EXPEED 3 Image Processing Engine: Speed, Versatility, and High Performance
- High-megapixel still images are detail-rich but data-heavy. With the D800E, however, you don't have to sacrifice speed for this privilege. Dedicated to understanding speed and its role in image making, Nikon engineers designed a powerful EXPEED 3 image-processing engine exclusively for digital SLRs. From image processing and card recording to image playback and image transfer, EXPEED 3 manages massive amounts of data at faster speeds than EXPEED 2. Even with specialized processing features like Active D-Lighting and high ISO noise reduction, capture speed is not affected. EXPEED 3 is so powerful that it handles data-intensive tasks such as Full HD video recording at 30p with ease. You'll also notice the difference in your still images and videos through minimized noise and even richer colors and tones. In addition to these fundamental advantages, the D800E reduces the kind of color phase shift that some cameras have difficulty with in similar situations
- 36Mp & D-Movie Broadcast Quality Video in Two D-Movie Formats
True Cinematic ExperienceFull HD video quality and minimized rolling shutter effect: Dynamic movie shooting in diverse lighting situations. Record clean, uncompressed 1080p files in 4:2:2 color space via HDMI to an external recording device.
Many filmmakers, multimedia professionals and still photographers need the highly mobile, lightweight and compact form of a D-SLR in order to cover large events or make documentaries, music videos or movies. For these professionals, the D800E is ready to create true cinematic experiences. By using the B frame data compression method, you can record 1080p Full HD video at 30p in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format with unmatched moving image integrity for up to 29 min. 59 seconds of recording in a single clip. Thanks to Nikon's latest image-processing optimizations, the monumental power of 36.3 megapixels transforms to sharp, exquisitely rendered videos. Expect exceptionally smooth gradation in blue skies, with minimum block noise and beautifully natural movement rendered clearly and sharply. The D800E's intelligent image sensor reads out movie images at faster rates than ever, significantly reducing the rolling shutter distortion that can occur during panning shots or when shooting fast-moving lateral subjects like trains. Thanks to EXPEED 3, your movies will take on a distinctive look of their own, even with dimly lit scenes. Combine these benefits and you'll begin to realize exactly the new creative opportunities possible for photographers and cinematographers alikeMulti-area mode full HD D-Movie: Creative movie-making freedom in FX and DX based formats
The D800E is designed to stimulate cinematographers to explore different moods and perspectives by enabling Full HD and HD video recording in two frame formats; Nikon FX- and DX-based movie formats in just one camera. When using wide-aperture NIKKOR lenses, the large image area of the FX-based format renders exquisitely shallow depth of field with beautiful bokeh effects. The DX-based format uses an image area similar to 35mm movie film, allowing cinematographers to shoot with picture angles that they are accustomed to. Having the advantage of two D-Movie formats in one camera and an arsenal of NIKKOR lenses makes the D800E an incredibly versatile movie-making toolSmoother video recording under fluorescent or mercury lamps: Auto flicker reduction
With the D800E, it is easier than ever to reduce flicker effects during live view and video recording. Simply use auto in the flicker reduction menu to automatically identify the flicker frequency at the beginning of live view and switch to the one that will work best. You can also manually switch between 50 Hz and 60 Hz
- Lateral Chromatic Aberration Reduction: Take Full Advantage of your NIKKOR Lens Collection
- High-megapixel sensors can really test the quality of your lenses, but you can be confident that the combination of brilliant NIKKOR lenses and Nikon's intelligent processing measures will significantly reduce lateral chromatic aberration to give you incredibly natural-looking results. Unlike other correction methods that simply eliminate chromatic aberration, Nikon's method compensates for these color differences in a resolving index for each color, making it particularly effective in producing images with stunning edge-to- edge sharpness. Moreover, because these corrections are made regardless of the NIKKOR lens used, this feature contributes substantially to achieving the sharpest images possible
- Advanced Scene Recognition System with 91K-Pixel RGB Sensor
- Nikon's revolutionary Advanced Scene Recognition System, introduced with the flagship D4 camera, is also employed in the D800E. At its core is a 91K-pixel RGB sensor that meticulously analyzes each scene with the fine resolution. The RGB sensor can recognize your scene's colors and brightness with unprecedented precision, then use that information to implement various automatic controls and give you more natural-looking results. The real breakthrough, however, is that the sensor can detect human faces with startling accuracy when shooting through the optical viewfinder. Along with face detection, detailed scene analysis is utilized to support more accurate autofocus, auto exposure and i-TTL flash exposure results in a diverse range of compositional and lighting situations. The improved subject tracking is most noticeable when using 3D-tracking, which can maintain a focus on moving subjects smaller in size than with previous generations
- More Accurate Face Detection in Auto-Area AF and Subject Tracking in 3D-Tracking
- Auto-area AF and 3D-tracking are AF-area modes unique to Nikon that use your subject's color and brightness information to detect focus. With the D800E and its more precise information and subject recognition advancements, expect big steps forward for both AF-area modes when taking high-quality still images. In auto-area AF, the camera can genuinely detect human faces and focuses on them immediately - useful when faces are a priority and there's no time to choose focus points. When using 3D-tracking, the sensor's fine resolution combines with a specifically optimized AF algorithm to realize unprecedented subject tracking precision, recognizing detailed patterns to keep your subject in sharp focus
- 3D Color Matrix Metering III for More Accurate Exposures
- Professional photographers who shoot still images know that Nikon's metering system delivers supremely well-balanced exposures. Thanks to the 91K-pixel RGB sensor, the D800E has far more detailed scene information at its disposal - including detected face information. This data helps the 3D color matrix metering III deliver more desirable auto exposures, especially when there are human faces present. When the D800E recognizes a human face in a backlit situation, the camera determines the overall exposure while prioritizing the facial exposure, which might otherwise be underexposed. When a face is lit from the front and appears much brighter than the background, the camera recognizes the situation and avoids blowing out the facial details
- More Balanced Results in i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash and Active D-Lighting
- Nikon's i-TTL system has long been considered the most accurate flash control system in photography, but now face detection and highlight analysis by the 91K-pixel RGB sensor pushes performance even further. With the D800E's enhanced i-TTL balanced fill-flash, you can more precisely illuminate people's faces in relation to their surrounding brightness using either the built-in flash or an external hot-shoed Nikon Speedlight. For weddings and fashion shoots, or any photography that relies on the highest-quality still images, this new standard redefines what a flash system should be. Face detection also makes a difference when Active D-Lighting is used to retain highlights and shadows in high-contrast lighting situations. Faces will be optimally exposed both in the sun and in the shade
- Light Source Identification for Auto White Balance in Still Images
- The D800E's auto white balance is incredibly accurate in a diverse range of shooting situations, aided by unique Nikon technology that effectively identifies your light sources, both natural and artificial. With the 91K-pixel RGB sensor and the image sensor working together, the camera renders white as white with supreme accuracy. Or if you prefer, the auto white balance can be set to reflect the warmth of ambient, incandescent lighting
- Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX Autofocus Sensor Module for Razor-Sharp Detection in Low-Light
- Accurate AF detection is crucial for extremely high-resolution still images in every situation. The 51 sensor points in the D800E's AF sensor module work down to -2 EV (ISO 100, 68°F/20°C), the approximate physical limit of human visibility through an optical viewfinder. For even more powerful detection, you can rely on the camera's 15 crosstype sensors in the center to detect both vertical and horizontal lines when using any AF NIKKOR lenses of f/5.6 or faster. What's more, AF can be activated with eleven focus points in the center with open aperture of f/8, which is a big plus when you combine a telephoto lens with a 2.0x teleconverter to shoot distant subjects
- Versatile AF-Area Modes
- Whether it's a still life, a portrait, a landscape or a candid street scene, your subject matter varies, but its importance doesn't. That's why the D800E offers four AF-area modes, each specifically tailored to adapt to various subjects. Singlepoint AF is ideal when you need pinpoint focus on stationary subjects. Dynamic-area AF has three options (9-point, 21-point and 51-point) and is ideal for shooting moving subjects. The selected AF point and the surrounding points keep your subject in sharp focus even if it briefly leaves the selected points. 3D-tracking allows you to maintain focus on subjects that are moving erratically from side to side. Autoarea AF detects human faces and prioritizes their sharpness for you - an ideal choice for candid photography
- Integrated Operation
Live view selector for optimized still images and movies
The D800E's live view operation has evolved even further, optimizing camera control to become more intuitive for shooting video as well as still images. Simply clicking the live view selector switches between live view modes designed specifically for still images or movies. Live view photography lets you shoot still images while confirming the exposure level on the LCD monitor. You can even magnify images up to approx. 23x to check the exact focus. For movie live view on the other hand, the D800E incorporates a dedicated exposure control for quality video shooting, enabling smooth exposure transition when shooting moving subjects. You can also shoot video with full manual control. When needed, press the shutter-release button while filming to instantly capture still images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Each time you use live view, for either still photography or movie shooting, your image area and camera setting information will be clearly indicated, allowing you to confirm quicklyView simultaneous live view output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI
During movie shooting, you can now simultaneously check videos on an external monitor using an HDMI connection, in addition to the camera's TFT monitor. And for those who need the purest video output for professional quality editing, you can now record uncompressed movie live view footage directly to an external storage device via HDMI interface. Bypassing H.264 compression, the 1080p output signal is 4:2:2 (8-bit) uncompressed videoComprehensive high-fidelity audio recording control
The D800E is designed for crisp stereo recording with a built-in external stereo microphone input. Attach the compact ME-1 Stereo Microphone to record clear sound while significantly reducing mechanical noise. An external headphone jack enables you to effectively monitor and control audio in isolation. While the audio level indicators offer visual confirmation of audio level, the microphone sensitivity can be controlled precisely in 20 incremental stepsTime-lapse photography
Capture a variety of scenes and subjects at a breathtaking pace. The D800E's time-lapse photography lets you set intervals and frame rates in order to dramatically relay slow moving activity at dramatic speeds. The D800E allows you to shoot time-lapse photography with replaying rates from 24 times to 36,000 times faster than normal. Time-lapse photography files can be saved as a movie fileVersatile custom settings for D-Movie
The D800E has addressed useful feedback from videographers with convenient custom controls for D-Movie operation. Instead of rotating the command dial, power aperture enables smoother aperture controls during movie live view using a button designated via custom menu, which can be very convenient to confirm depth of field. Index marking helps you locate important frames for later-stage in-camera editing and replay by attaching markers during movie recording. Markings are indicated along with the timeline, which is easy to confirm visually
- Vision You Can Depend On
Glass prism optical viewfinder with approximately 100% frame coverage
See every important element in your frame clearly and precisely. The D800E offers approx. 100% frame coverage (in FX format) from its slim pentaprism, giving you the visually comfortable FX-format advantage and an unobstructed view when shooting still images. The viewfinder image is not only large and bright - the focusing screen is also carefully designed to help you sense sharp focus intuitively, be it manual or autofocusPrecision 3.2" (8cm), 921k-dot, wide-viewing-angle LCD monitor with automatic monitor brightness control
The D800E's large and sharp color LCD monitor delivers bright, crisp image playback with a much larger capacity for accurate color reproduction. Using an antireflective structure, you can count on clarity equal to that of the D4, even under bright conditions. Moreover, if monitor brightness is set to "Auto", the camera automatically adjusts LCD brightness according to the environmental lighting conditions measured by the ambient brightness sensor, allowing easy use of live view in both bright and low-lit places - very useful when shooting video and stills. The ability to magnify playback images up to 46x (Large-size images in FX format) is extremely helpful for spot focus confirmation
- Ready for Demanding Tasks
Lightweight yet durable construction
Many important parts of the D800E have been designed to achieve better durability and lighter weight. The result is a camera approx. 10% lighter than the D700, yet just as rugged. A magnesium alloy construction protects the sophisticated technologies against accidental shock, and weather and dust sealing has been extensively applied and severely tested, making the D800E as reliable on the road as it is in the studioFast response time
The D800E is designed to respond immediately. Once the strategically located switch is turned on, the camera starts up in approx. 0.12 seconds and your finger is in position for shutter release. Release time lag is minimized to approx. 0.042 seconds, equivalent to that of the D3S, with continuous approx. 4 fps capability in FX format, approx. 5 fps in 1.2x and DX format and 6 fps capability in DX format with MB-D12High-precision sequential control mechanism
For true digital SLR excellence, the camera's mechanical structure, power and precision are vital to ensure indispensable speed and reliability. That's why Nikon utilized its engineering expertise to refine the powerful sequential control mechanism that drives the shutter, mirror, and aperture independently. As a result, shutter release can be operated with mirror-up position during live view. Because mirror-down movement is not required, you can expect even quieter still live view shooting. And as power aperture control operates via the stepping motor, the sound of mechanical adjustment is reduced for quieter and smoother controlHigh-speed CF and SD dual card slots
Card recording speed is yet another crucial element of a smooth and productive shooting experience. The D800E CF memory card slot is compatible with the latest UDMA 7. The SD card slot is compatible with SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) and UHS-I. You can also use two cards simultaneously for a number of functions, such as recording JPEG and RAW data on separate cards, recording the same data simultaneously on two cards for backup and moreHigh-speed data transfer with USB 3.0
For a more productive tethered and transfer workflow, the D800E is compatible with USB 3.0. When connected to equipment featuring USB 2.0, speed is reduced to that of USB 2.0
High-precision, high-durability shutter
The D800E's shutter unit has been tested to well over 200,000 cycles of release to prove durability and precision. While the shutter unit designed to run at a speed range of 1/8,000 to 30 seconds, its intelligent self-diagnostic shutter monitor automatically monitors actual shutter speeds in order to correct possible variances that can occur over time
Efficient power management
A comprehensive re-working of the D800E's circuits now enables approximately 900 shots of still image shooting. All on one charge of an EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery
MB-D12 multi-power battery pack (optional)
Attach the MB-D12 to the camera body to extend battery stamina. The pack accommodates a variety of batteries (see specifications) and utilizes the same integral magnesium alloy construction and weather sealing as the D800E body itself. You also get approximately 6 fps continuous shooting speed in DX format. The MB-D12 has its own dedicated shutter-release button and command dials for vertical composition shooting
- Connecting Hands, Eyes, and Ideas
Improvements around the shutter-release button
Angle, shape, contour, and texture: all of these design facets came into play when crafting the D800E's shutter-release button. Your index finger can rest comfortably for longer periods of time, allowing you to concentrate when it matters, while the designated movie-record button means you're ready to trigger movie shooting in an instantDirect access to Picture Control
Customize the look of your stills and videos through Picture Controls by fine-tuning parameters such as sharpening, saturation, and hue. The D800E now allows you to access Picture Control instantly and directly from a dedicated button rather than entering the menu. When live view shooting, you can visually confirm how customized Picture Control settings will look and easily adjust the parametersChoosing AF mode and AF-area mode combinations
Control your desired AF mode (continuous or single servo) and AF-area mode (single-point, dynamic area, 3D-tracking or auto area AF) without ever taking your eye away from the viewfinder. By using a dedicated AF-mode button and command dials, you can switch between modes without interrupting your creative flowFour-button layout and release mode dial on the camera's top deck
Important camera settings can be controlled and adjusted from buttons placed on the top deck. Along with dedicated buttons for ISO, white balance and image quality, a new bracketing button has been strategically placed to aid such features as HDR. In addition, the release mode dial also improves mode visibility and operability
- Creative Expansion Tools
Expand dynamic range: HDR (High Dynamic Range)
The D800E can shoot two frames in a single shutter release, but at different exposures: one overexposed and one underexposed. The camera then instantly combines them to create an image covering a wider dynamic range. The range can be widened by up to 3 EV for different looks, all full of saturation and tonal gradation, while the smoothness of the edge where the two exposures meet can be adjusted for a more natural appearanceShoot achieving reduced blur with zoom lenses in dim light: Auto shutter speed control for auto ISO sensitivity control
The D800E comes equipped with an auto option for minimum shutter speed that automatically controls the balance between shutter speed and the ISO sensitivity based on the focal length of the lens being used. This can be particularly useful when using a zoom lens, because the camera can automatically choose the shutter speed to reduce camera shake. What's more, through the operation of ISO button and sub-command dial, auto ISO sensitivity control can be immediately turned on or off, without needing to enter the menuAccurate confirmation of level shooting: Dual-axis electronic virtual horizon
With the D800E, you can always check the LCD monitor or the viewfinder for both the camera's position in relation to the horizontal plane and its pitch (forward or rear rotation). This can enhance compositional accuracy, particularly when shooting still lifes, landscapes and architectureShoot with multiple formats in one camera: Image area options
The D800E offers four image area options: FX format (35.9 x 24.0mm), 5:4 (30.0 x 24.0mm), 1.2x (30.0 x 19.9mm), and DX format (23.4 x 15.6mm) with all cropped image areas visually masked in the viewfinder. DX format offers approx. 1.5x, and 1.2x crop offers approx.1.2x telephoto effect. When a DX NIKKOR lens is used, DX format is automatically selectedRefined color temperature control: Minute control over white balance
The D800E's white balance proves its reliability even when using an external flash and live view in the studio environment. The monitor hue of live view and resulting image's white balance can be individually set so that the difference between the two is minimized. Furthermore, for even more control, color temperature can be manually set in 10-kelvin increments or in mired units
Image enhancement options: In-camera editing
Captured images and movies can be altered and edited in-camera and on the fly if required, all without the need to resort to a computer. Retouch menus include an array of useful features such as NEF (RAW) processing, resize, distortion control, fisheye, miniature effect, red-eye correction, filter effects and image overlay, as well as the ability to designate the start and end point of movie clips all at once, in order to save them more efficiently
- NIKKOR Lenses
The defining strength to match outstanding resolution for stills and videos
To best draw out the full potential that a 36.3 megapixel camera can offer, lens quality is of vital importance. Even subtle differences in optical performance make a difference when utilizing such a large pixel count. NIKKOR empowers photographers and cinematographers in every field, allowing them to better see the essence of their vision and render it as sharp as possible without sacrificing delicate tones or nuance. From f/1.4 primes to fast f/2.8 zooms to f/4 zooms with VR, the latest line of NIKKOR lenses - many loaded with the renowned Nano Crystal Coat - is fully optimized to deliver the image quality the Nikon D800E truly deserves. Moreover, DX lenses can also be used for the D800E: simply attach one and the camera automatically recognizes it and sets the required crop
- Nikon Speedlights
Get studio quality lighting virtually anywhere
Fast, versatile and portable, with Nikon Speedlights in your hands, your lighting possibilities are endless. The difference is a level of accuracy and flexibility that only the Nikon Creative Lighting System delivers. Its advantages are best experienced via Advanced Wireless Lighting. Using high-precision i-TTL flash control with strategic, intuitive operations, you can make lighting as powerful and comprehensive as your imagination can take it. Whether you shoot in the studio or in far-flung locations, there is a Nikon Speedlight solution to inspire your creativity
- Unparalleled Lighting Performance - SB-910 Speedlight
- Nikon's SB-910 offers versatile i-TTL for on-camera or wireless flash control, a refined operability and a powerful guide number of 111.5/34 (ISO 100, ft/m, STD, FX format with zoom head set at 35mm). The SB-910's menus and controls have been improved for more operational ease. When a hard-type incandescent or fluorescent color filter is attached, the SB-910 detects it and adjusts white balance instantly
- Nikon Software
Capture NX 2 (Optional): Optimal for processing images taken with the D800E
To accommodate the imaging power of the D800E's 36.3 effective megapixels, the latest Capture NX 2 now features powerful 64-bit processing. Capture NX 2 drastically simplifies an array of image enhancement procedures, letting you concentrate on making your pictures the best they can be. Instead of complicated layering and memorization, simply place a Color Control Point wherever you want to reprocess. Color Control Points use intuitive slider controls to make quick and easy adjustments to image characteristics such as brightness, contrast, saturation and tones. Change, adjust and experiment all you like, safe in the knowledge that all changes are nondestructive and an original always remains intactViewNX 2: Browse, edit, share, and more
This bundled, all-in-one software implements an easy-to-use interface for all your photos and movies. Take advantage of an array of editing functions, including basic editing of RAW files and even D-Movies. ViewNX 2 also works effortlessly with Nikon's photo-sharing and storage service, my Picturetown, with labels to help you find that special photo quickly and easilyCamera Control Pro 2 (optional): Extremely versatile remove camera controls
For those that want to operate their camera via computer, Camera Control Pro 2 lets you control camera settings and various features from a distance. Aside from controlling exposure mode, shutter speed, and aperture, the software now offers numerous improvements to make the D800E's live view operation exceptionally smooth. Creative control opportunities include remote start and stop for movie shooting and switching between live view for stills and movies. You can also adjust the monitor hue of live view photography and the resulting image's white balance individually, which can be quite helpful when working in the studio. You can also display audio level indicators during movie shooting. And with the optional Wireless Transmitter WT-4A/B/C/D/E, image files can be transferred using either Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection
This camera body is in near mint condition with invisible no signs of use. There are no scuffs or scrapes to the paintwork of the body. The LCD screen is in very nice condition with no notable marks. The sensor is clean and free of scratches. The flash mount has nearly no signs of use. All rubber grips and covers are present and in fantastic condition.
ORIGINAL BOX/ PACKAGING
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.