The D7000 SLR Digital Camera (Body Only) from Nikon is the ideal camera for those who want the best that Nikon has to offer without jumping into the ring (and price range) of professional DSLRs. It is a powerful, durable, well-designed camera that takes incredible photos and is also geared for those who want to shoot high quality video with a level of control not found in other mid-class DSLRs.
The 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS sensor works together with Nikon's EXPEED 2 image processor to produce extremely detailed images with rich tones and smooth gradations. The EXPEED 2, designed by Nikon, enables faster processing of images, reduced power consumption, improved noise-reduction and better color reproduction. And by expanding the ISO sensitivity range to a 25600 ISO equivalent, low-light photography is more detailed and fast -moving subjects can be captured with more accuracy and less blur.
The D7000 offers a customizable 39-point AF system with nine center cross-type sensors for accurate and extremely fast autofocus across the entire sensor. The AF system works in collaboration with an incredible metering system. The 2016-pixel RGB sensor with a 3D color matrix is able to recognize a subject's shape and position for improved AF tracking as well as an optimized Scene Recognition System which better controls exposure, white balance and iTTL flash.
Accurate it is, but fast too. With a start-up time of 0.13 seconds, 50 milliseconds lag time and 6 frames per second burst shooting up to 100 shots you should never miss a shot. The 3.0" 921k-dot LCD with 170º display offers crisp image playback and precise Live View when shooting movies. The pentaprism optical viewfinder is bright and covers 100% of the frame. And putting the D7000 a notch above its competitors is its pro-like durability including weather and dust sealing, a magnesium-alloy top and rear covers and a shutter system that has been rated to over 150,000 cycles. Also, the built-in Speedlight flash with iTTL and Wireless Commander makes it possible to trigger up to 8 off-camera flashes using the D7000.
Nikon calls the D7000, "a new class of Nikon camera", which refers mostly to this camera's ability to shoot pro-grade Full HD 1080p video. Manual exposure control and full-time continuous autofocus offer the kind of image control that sets this camera above other DSLRs. You're able to shoot in cinema quality 24fps or Internet-friendly 720p at 30fps - up to 20 minutes per clip. To enhance your production, utilize an optional wireless or hot shoe mounted microphone using the stereo mic input and when you're done shooting, there's an HDMI output for easy connection to your HDTV.
With video or stills, the D7000 records to reliable and easy-to-use SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. And the camera has twin memory card slots - meaning there's no need to change media mid-shoot. Just move onto the second card without interruption or organize your videos onto one card and your stills on another.
The D7000 also offers creative and assistive features like Picture Control system. Choose from scene settings like vivid, monochrome, and landscape. You can also utilize scene modes with names like child, close-up, and night portrait. And Active D-Lighting optimizes high contrast images to restore the shadow and highlight details that are often lost with strong lighting. Other creative controls include in-camera RAW image processing and the ability to add in special effects like fisheye and miniature effect. A Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator allows you to place a grid image over the scene you are shooting in order to guarantee straight lines when shooting architecture and landscapes.
The Nikon D7000 is an elegant, compact DSLR with features that put it at the top of its class and a price-tag that will save you money toward the purchase of one of the great 60-plus NIKKOR lenses with which it is compatible.
- 16.2MP DX-Format Sensor + EXPEED 2 Image Processing System
- With its 16.2MP CMOS image sensor and Nikon's new EXPEED 2 image processing system, the D7000 DSLR delivers superior image quality with low noise. The EXPEED 2 image processing engine combined with a 14-bit analog/digital conversion brings a new level of even tonal gradations while managing color, contrast, exposure, and noise resulting in brilliant image quality. EXPEED 2 also manages the D7000's speedy 5-millisecond shutter response, blazing AF speed and rapid six frames-per-second (fps) burst speed for up to 100 images
- Full 1080p High Definition Video Capture with the D-Movie Function
- Building upon the popular D90 DSLR, the Nikon D7000 captures breathtaking full 1080p HD movies with full-time autofocus and manual exposure control using the D-Movie function. To keep critical HD focus, users can choose to engage a variety of AF functions, including face priority to track up to 35 human faces, subject-tracking and normal or wide-area autofocusAdvanced movie features also allow exposure adjustment on the fly while recording. The D7000 DSLR offers variable frame rates and resolutions, and can record 1080p at a cinema-like 24fps, or a web-friendly 720p at either 24 or 30fps for up to 20 minutes per clip. Once recorded, users are able to edit and trim video clips in the camera to save time in post production. Whether utilizing a wireless or hot shoe mounted microphone, sound can be recorded via the stereo microphone input for professional audio results
To further simplify movie shooting, Live View is activated by a single dedicated switch, and HD video recording is achieved by pressing a single button. The D7000 DSLR also incorporates a built-in HDMI output CEC compliant (Consumer Electronic Control) that allows users to connect it to a HDTV and playback with most HDTV remote controls
By adding versatile NIKKOR lenses to the equation, photographers can create a variety of photo perspectives with video such as isolating subjects with a shallow depth of field, and recording in low light conditions. Combining the D7000 DSLR with NIKKOR lenses also delivers the sharpness essential for HD video, and Nikon's innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) II technology helps to eliminate the effects of camera shake
- 39 Point AF System
- The D7000 DSLR features a 39 point AF System, which includes nine center cross-type sensors that operate with more than 60 NIKKOR lenses. The 39 points in the new Multi-CAM 4800DX AF module work together to provide superior subject acquisition and fast tracking capabilities, allowing photographers to confidently capture a player stealing third from the sideline to fast-moving wildlife. Additionally, photographers can activate dynamic or single point AF, configurable in combinations of 9, 21 or 39 or a 21 point ring to match a variety of shooting styles and situations. Photographers can activate 3D tracking, which continuously follows moving subjects within the 39 AF points, highlighting the activated AF point in the viewfinderAn additional feature of the autofocus system is AF fine tune. Photographers sometimes require an extra level of ultra-fine AF tuning. This feature allows you to individually fine-tune and register the autofocus position for up to 12 lens models, then apply that compensation whenever the same lens is attached. You can also register adjustments uniformly regardless of the type of lens used
- 3D Color Matrix Metering System + Scene Recognition System
- Utilizing Nikon's exclusive Scene Recognition System, the camera analyzes subject information from a database containing more than 30,000 images to optimize focus, exposure and white balance. To assist in creating amazing imagery, the Scene Recognition System reads data from a groundbreaking 2,016 pixel 3D color Matrix Metering sensor that examines the scene's brightness and color data then optimizes the camera's performance prior to the actual exposure. Another revolutionary Nikon first, this system interprets scene data for improved control of light metering and i-TTL flash output. Additionally this sensor allows for an "Ambient" white balance setting which can be activated to allow warm rendering in Automatic White Balance
- Built-In i-TTL Flash + Speedlight Compatibility
- The built-in iTTL Speedlight pops up in a flash, and it offers wide-angle flash-coverage that accommodates 16mm lenses. The camera also has Wireless Commander support so users can maximize the potential of Nikon's creative lighting options. Using the integral flash set to Wireless Commander in combination with one or several off-camera Nikon Speedlights, the shooter can create a unique look for each and every photograph. Up to 8 Speedlights can be fired at once - including Nikon's flagship SB-900, as well as others in the series, including the SB-600 and SB-800/SB-700
- Low Light Image Capture
- The D7000 DSLR continues Nikon's tradition of providing photographers the confidence to shoot in low light, knowing they will capture high quality low-noise images. The camera's native ISO range of 100-6400 affords the versatility to photograph in challenging lighting conditions, such as when indoors or in the evening. The ISO range can be expanded to a Hi-2 setting of 25,600, which was previously found only in Nikon FX-format territory. The camera allows more light to be gathered, resulting in a correctly exposed image that has less noise and finer grain
- Enhanced Build Quality, Durability, and Usability
- The compact design is lightweight enough for a full days use, but has a reassuring heft that hints at Nikon's reputation for reliability. The durable camera body consists of a magnesium-alloy top and rear covers and a 150,000 cycle-rated shutter system. Additionally, the D7000 DSLR is dust and moisture sealed and features Nikon's dust reduction system to remove image-degrading particles from the image sensor. Among the well laid out ergonomics, users will immediately notice a Mode Dial that eschews traditional Scene Mode icons for more advanced manual functions and two user-defined settings (U1 and U2) to adapt to a users shooting style on the fly. Placed under the control wheel is a Release Mode dial, which allows access the burst modes, timer, or the Quiet Shutter, to soften the cameras operation when shooting in sensitive environments such as a ceremonies or nature
- Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder + 170° 3" LCD Display
- When framing lush landscapes or tight telephoto shots from afar, users will appreciate the large, bright glass pentaprism optical viewfinder has approximately 100% frame coverage and approximately 0.94x magnification. The 3", 921,000 dot super-density LCD monitor with 170° viewing delivers bright, crisp image playback and precise Live View and movie shooting
- Twin Memory Card Slots
- The D7000 DSLR features twin SD card slots with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility that offers a several recording options including designating separate NEF (RAW) JPEG and movie files
- Long Life EN-EL15 Battery
- The D7000 was designed to provide maximum performance with minimized power usage. The camera employs a new EN-EL15 battery which enables up to 1050 shots when fully charged
- Creative Controls
- The D7000 DSLR contains many features aimed at empowering the user with creative freedom including the ability to process RAW images directly in the camera, and add in special effects using the retouch menu. Among the many editing options are color filters, distortion control for a fisheye effect, perspective control for a miniature effect, or a new color sketch filter that creates a sketch-styled image. As always, manipulated images are saved as copies while the original is retainedThe Picture Control system also allows the choice for standard, neutral, vivid, monochrome, portrait, or landscape settings to apply a personal look and feel to their pictures, and it's versatile scene modes let them choose from portrait, landscape, child, sports, close-up or night portrait for stunning results even in challenging conditions
- Supported Languages
- Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norweigan, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Spanish
- Optional Multi-Power MB-D11 Battery Pack
- To guarantee great performance for longer, the D7000 also has a dedicated Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D11 (optional) that enables seamless switching of power supply with the in-camera battery, vertical shooting and further stabilizes the body when using a long telephoto lens
The item has issue in holding charge, but working perfectly fine when plugged in. This camera body is in a used condition with significant cosmetic signs of use. There are several marks and scuffs to the paint on the body. The rear LCD screen has some scuffs. The sensor is clean and free of scratches. The flash mount shows use. All rubber grips and covers are present but show marked wear. Functionally this camera is in fully working order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.